Art! » art imitates life

• Andres Saenz

Andres Saenz New Mexico

I think that art imitates life, because so many artists draw their inspirations from nature or from distortions of the natural world. For instance, Salvador Dali liked to make paintings of melting clocks, I love his works!

I think that art imitates life, because so many artists draw their inspirations from nature or from distortions of the natural world. For instance, Salvador Dali liked to make paintings of melting clocks, I love his works!

• Alyssa

Alyssa Canada

Yes Andres, but clocks do not exist in our natural world. They are an invention of men just as time is, so could clocks not therefore be considered works of arts themselves?

Yes Andres, but clocks do not exist in our natural world. They are an invention of men just as time is, so could clocks not therefore be considered works of arts themselves?

• MDLittle

MDLittle Conroe, Texas

A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.

A good question...,

- To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be.

- Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare.

- My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.

• MDLittle

MDLittle Conroe, Texas

Ahem..., - Meant ART imitates life...*sighs*.

Ahem...,

- Meant ART imitates life...*sighs*.

• lady lynn

lady lynn california

[quote="MDLittle"]A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote] [quote="MDLittle"]A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote] [quote="MDLittle"]A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote] [quote="MDLittle"]A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote] [quote="MDLittle"]A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote] [quote="MDLittle"]A good question..., - To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be. - Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare. - My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote] except that it was Edvard Munch who painted "The Scream" not Van Gogh though the ear thing was a great bit of performance art...

MDLittle wrote:
    A good question...,

- To answer this question, we must consider what is regarded as 'art'. As art is oft rendered by one whom finds a particular subject matter interesting...the works committed to embellish this art can be seen as purely subjected. Once again, as 'beauty lies within the eyes of the beholder', too displays how art is predominately subjective determined by how popular/unpopular the rendered works be.

- Whether you be a fan of Van Gogh's works or not (for example), his dedication to his art and paintings incur a reaction of sorts (ala his painting entitled "The Scream". It was his rendition of how utter despair and the tragic sense of absolute loneliness LOOKED like. With that in mind, I'd have to say that life imitates art - not perfectly, of course, because the artist will always put in their own sense of style and flare.

- My apologies, Your Royal Highness, if I got a bit wordy.[/quote]

MDLittle wrote:
    A good question...,

MDLittle wrote:
    A good question...,

[quote="MDLittle"]A good question...,

except that it was Edvard Munch who painted "The Scream" not Van Gogh though the ear thing was a great bit of performance art...

• lady Lynn

lady Lynn ca

wow didnt mean to quote so many times1 my apologies

wow didnt mean to quote so many times1 my apologies

• Crow Woman

Crow Woman British Columia, Canada

Art and Life coexist, life can cause an artist to create, and art can inspire the viewer to participate in the artist's message. For example, your highness, Prince Poppycock is inspired by '70s glam rock, then he creates a marvelous performance of music, fashion and theatre, thus his art. And in return, his performance art inspires other artist of many genres to create art as a voice.

Art and Life coexist, life can cause an artist to create, and art can inspire the viewer to participate in the artist's message. For example, your highness, Prince Poppycock is inspired by '70s glam rock, then he creates a marvelous performance of music, fashion and theatre, thus his art. And in return, his performance art inspires other artist of many genres to create art as a voice.

• Kelamin the Wanderer

Kelamin the Wanderer Michigan

In a person's life it's a never ending circle. Someone's Art imitates things in that individual's Life that has in one way or another been imitating the Art that is all around them and has shapped their culture.

In a person's life it's a never ending circle. Someone's Art imitates things in that individual's Life that has in one way or another been imitating the Art that is all around them and has shapped their culture.

• none

none New York, New York

I think it's a circle. Someone creates something unique, because they got an idea that came from something in life, and then when the idea is out, it is reflected by others in life.

I think it's a circle. Someone creates something unique, because they got an idea that came from something in life, and then when the idea is out, it is reflected by others in life.

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post